Following directly on from my first Award’s post here is Part Two in which I’m so happy to share some light-hearted fun and present some beautiful flowers.
Firstly, I must make mention once more of lovely Maria over at Lost in the Labyrinth, bless her, who has nominated me for four, yes I said four, awards over the last couple of months! Thank you so much Maria, you are so generous in thinking of me for these wonderful awards and also for the very kind sentiments with which they are sent.
The first two are: The Imagine Award and the Blog of the Year 2013 Award.
Having already accepted nominations for these awards just before Christmas, I won’t be participating again, although the Blog of the Year Award 2013 is a bit different because each time somebody is nominated, a star can be collected for a grand total of six stars. I presume this still counts even though it is now 2014!
To save space and time (and cheating just a little, sorry!) my previous post for the Blog of the Year Award 2013 with the rules and my nominees can be found here. Go ahead, pick up your extra stars if you wish as I am nominating you all once more and congratulations to you all!
Maria then nominated me for the Linda Mad Hatter Jesters Award which is a personally created award by Linda Mad Hatter herself to be passed on for ‘whatever fun-loving reason’ with this proviso:
‘If you receive this award, it is polite to pass it on, however there are no firm and fast rules here.
Please also feel free to post recipients below (and the reason for their award, if you are so inclined to share), so we can all check them out ‘
Here are my fun-loving nominees for the Linda Mad Hatter Jesters Award:
1. Playful Kitty – for all the fun Robin shares with her two lovable and darling cats, Cinco and Manna. Take a look at what they get up to and some hilarious photos too!
2. moodsaplenty – Wanting to thank Steven and nominate him for this award because he never fails to bring laughter into my day with his witty banter and shenanigans (I love that word!)
3. thebufferzoneblog – Diane’s delightfully written blog posts aimed at the modern, dysfunctional family never fail to make me laugh out loud. Her blog is a delicious treat you can’t afford to miss.
3. The Photographic Journey – Bulldog for always making me laugh with his laugh-out-loud (very clever!) captions to his beautiful wildlife photographs. Thanks Bulldog for always bringing a smile to my heart 🙂
4. A Blumes With a View – Andrew for his hilarious – and very clever – take on movies together with his brilliant illustrations which will leave you in stitches, trust me.
Thanks guys for the fun and laughter, you brighten my day in more ways than you know 🙂
Then came the Awesome Blossom Award which I received not only from Maria but also from my friend Lorraine, so a huge thank you to both. Lorraine is a prolific blogger and writer who has recently announced the launch of her new website ‘Wording Well‘ and I wish her every success in her new endeavours.
This award is very close to my heart (and not just because it is so pretty) because, of course, I love anything to do with gardens and gardening, having at long last had the chance to grow my own and actually stay to enjoy it for a few years rather than leave it all behind after a couple of years!
The sentiment behind the Awesome Blossom Award is extra-special, representing as it does the beauty and colour of our ‘virtual’ gardens as we grow and nurture them through friendship and community.
With this in mind, for the Awesome Blossom Award I have nominated:
- B is for Blessed – to Lilka for her delightful posts sharing her observations on family life, her faith and the struggles of daily life against the backdrop of her beautiful garden in Atlanta, with homegrown photographs to match!
- Alzheimer’s Trail – Awesome Blossoms to Sheila to cheer her day as she tends to her mom who lives with Alzheimer’s.
- A Maine Mama’s Mind – To brighten this mama’s family ‘garden’ as it grows and changes with each new season of life.
Congratulations lovely ladies 🙂
As if Irene hasn’t been generous enough, she also nominated me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award (which I have already participated in).
Then, as luck would have it, just as I was preparing this award’s post, a message pinged up that she had nominated me the gorgeous Field of Flowers Award!
What really moved me was that Irene sent it with the message that she ‘hoped the flowers would brighten my day’. Thank you again so much Irene for this beautiful, heartfelt award and sentiment, I feel as if I have just received a wonderful bouquet of flowers which did indeed ‘brighten my day’ 🙂
The rules for this bright and beautiful award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Place the award on your blog
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and write a little something why you are giving these bloggers a ‘field of flowers’
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them
My 7 nominees for the Field of Flowers Award are:
- MoggiePurrs – Bev was my first blogging buddy and these flowers are my way of saying thank you for sticking with me and for all the marvellous support 🙂
- Tracy Lee Karner – Flowers to say ‘Get Well Soon’…
- Jennifer K. Marsh – A field of flowers Jenny Jen Jen for blue skies and twilight…
- Imelda – Because she ‘longs to see a field of flowers’…
- Mich – A field of flowers for her dream of her life in France…
- Sonny Days – Flowers for a wonderful mom to her autistic son
- Living with Shadows – A woman who finally feels she knows who she is, sharing the shadows from her life. I applaud her courage with these beautiful flowers.
Many congratulations to you all!