This is the third & final award’s post of this series. Yes, can you believe it? Still more to come and I’m delighted to start off by introducing the lovely Mich from Lessons in French.
Mich writes beautifully with heartfelt and moving accounts of her journey towards fulfilling her four-year-long family’s dream to move from Africa to a new life in France. Hence the ‘Lessons in French’ (she is a teacher!)
Mich meets life’s challenges head-on and with a heart full of faith, ‘longing for complete fluency’ in life as well as in the language.
When she nominated me for the Shauny Award for Blogging Excellence I was astounded and of course absolutely delighted. I adore surprises and this was a very unexpected surprise I can tell you. Mich, I am humbled and grateful beyond words that you considered me for such a heartfelt award. Merci beaucoup, mon amie 🙂
There is some background to this award which I discovered by doing a quick Google search. It was created by Doctor Rex (Horty, as she likes to be called) in honour of Shaun Gibson over at prayingforoneday. The sentiment in which she created it is just beautiful and the only rules, if you can call them rules, are these:
Show Humanity, Show Love, Be Yourself, Don’t Be Others, Don’t Gossip, and Share This Award with 10 others.
Well, I hope I can live up to these ‘rules’, from the heart, although I’m breaking one ‘rule’ already as I couldn’t choose just 10 bloggers. Therefore, it is with great pleasure that I announce my 12 nominees for the Shauny Award for Blogging Excellence:
- Moggiepurrs – Paying it forward to Bev and her charming site ‘all about cats’
- Reflections and Nightmares – This one’s for you Irene.
- DonCharisma.org – Don’s awesome blog ‘Because anything is possible with Charisma’.
- e-Tinkerbell – Stefy lives in Rome and has taught English as a foreign language and literature to high school students for 20 years and her blog reaches out to these students.
- Chris The Story Reading Ape’s New (to me) Author’s Blog – Chris is an avid reader whose literature hero is Terry Pratchett. He also offers and gives incredible support for authors everywhere. Take a look at his blog and you will see what I’m talking about.
- Aspie Story – Darren, a ‘creative guy on the autistic spectrum’. Lovely blog, fab photos!
- ranniyork – Raani is an author/writer with a blog packed full of life!
- Eye-Dancers – Mike’s blog, bringing together his love of sci-fi and fantasy together with his great talent as a writer.
- quirkybooks – Sandra’s excellent blog is inspirational to all those looking to change their lives in every way for the better.
- moodsaplenty – Steven’s art is out of this world and his writing isn’t half bad either.
- this man’s journey – Island Traveler, a wonderful man full of love for his family, friends and life. The man ‘Behind the Mask is just a Man who Lives to Love and Be Loved’
- Screenkicker! – Mickey’s wonderfully entertaining blog all about ‘Sticking its boot into the world of movies’. Great stuff.
Many congratulations to you all 🙂
This next award was given to me so generously by my long-standing blogging buddy Beverly from moggiepurrs. The Friends and Followers Award is new award created by Nerissa’s Life to celebrate her 75,000th hit on her blog! Wow, congratulations Nerissa, but I’m sure it’s even more than this by now!
This award has a few simple rules:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and follow them by any means necessary
- Pass the award to a few friends who already follow you
- Let your nominees know they have been nominated
BUT, and it’s a very big BUT, I find it simply impossible to send this award on to just a few. Actually, this award is perfect because I have a dilemma; for one thing, I have been as careful as I can in making sure that I haven’t nominated anyone with ‘award free’ blogs, so apologies if by chance I missed that.
The other thing is this: I am so thankful to all who have recently signed up to follow my blog and who take the time to drop by and read a post here and there. I’m sorry if I haven’t been able to get over to your blogs as yet, but trust me, I will just as soon as I can. After all, you are indeed ‘Friends & Followers’ and so I invite you to please accept this award from me given to you with a very grateful heart, and display it proudly on your blog.
Then there is this last final thing: Yeah, you know. You know who I’m talking about. My band of brothers, my soul sisters, my partners in crime and, as my blogging friend Andra said to me recently, ‘my people’. This means YOU because I know you’re reading this right now!
My blog survives and thrives because of you, my shining stars who beam your light on most if not every blog post, showing up no matter what, reading, commenting, encouraging and goodness knows, if you only knew what this means to me…You know jolly well that I would be bombarding you with all these awards if they were your ‘thing’ because I love, love, love your blogs but instead I give you my humble ‘thank you so very much’. That’s it. It sounds so inadequate but there it is.
Oh, and if you would like to, please take this Friends & Followers Award. After all, surely it was created with you in mind?
With all that said, it is now, at last, time for the grand finale. Yes folks, the final award. Actually it is Seven Awards, for the simple reason that there are seven in one! Well, you can’t say I didn’t warn you!
It’s a bit like watching a firework’s display, saving the biggest one for last! Well, get ready for some noise because they are about to explode:
As if Bev hadn’t been generous enough, she nominated me for this magnificent display of Seven Awards (talk about bling!) and then I was incredibly surprised and delighted when lovely Raani of raaaniyork also nominated me for the same! Raani is an author/writer whose blog is packed full of guest posts, interviews and book reviews as well wonderfully written stories about, among many other subjects, her cat, relationships, beauty and fashion and, well, just life! Thank you so much Bev and Raani!
Here are the rules for the Seven Awards:
- Display the logo on your sidebar
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 (or so) bloggers for this award (18 for me)
- Notify the nominees of their nominations
I don’t want to bore you with any more facts about myself and I’ve run out of things to say so I’ll move right on to my nominations which is much more interesting.
These lovely bloggers are my 18 nominees for Seven Awards:
- Reflections and Nightmares – Irene A Waters – Wonderful writer and photographer you are Irene
- Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom – Pat’s wonderful ‘Kitchen Table Stories to Inspire and Warm Your Heart’.
- Simply Ilka -‘Science with a smile’ Love your blog Ilka!
- Lessons in French – Love your blog Mich, and right back at ya!
- Lost In The Labyrinth – Some well deserved bling for you Maria!
- PRIORHOUSE blog – Love Y’s blog about ‘Photos, Art and a little bit of LIT!’
- It Goes On – Suze inspires others with her writing and photographs
- reading interrupted – Letizia, university professor, translator, editor, workshop coordinator (and lover of all dogs!) She loves to read – anywhere!
- restlessjo – ‘Restless’ Jo has the travel bug and shares her travels on her blog,
- What’s (in) the picture? – Chris Breebaart’s beautiful photography blog
- Jots from a Small Apt. – Jot is a talented artist, photographer and writer. Witty too!
- Expatially Mexico – Life, Love, Patience as an expat in Mexico – love Kristin’s blog
- Donicia’s World – Donicia’s wonderful ‘Thoughts, Adventures, Photography. Bits & Pieces’
- Pilot Fish – Patricia’s ‘Guide Through a Sea of Change’
- Jo Robinson – Lovely Jo, an author and animal lover who ‘blogs about writing and books and things that happen’
- Espirational – Bob and Rogene Robbins, students of human nature positive living and authors. Their daily messages never fail to inspire.
- Evelyne Holingue -‘Chronicles, Stories and Books’ – Evelyne, a French-American Writer
- Miss Lou Acquiring Lore – Lou loves to laugh, be challenged and enjoys long-winded conversations!
This, at last, brings me to the end of these award’s posts. Once again, many congratulations to you all. I also want to thank everyone so much for your lovely comments on my other award’s posts which I haven’t had a chance to reply to yet, but I will be doing so later on today. As you can see, and as usual, I am running behind but you know me, I’ll get there in the end!
So I’ll see you soon and, finally, there is one more thing left for me to say…
Thanks for everything, I love you guys 🙂