I was very pleasantly surprised when Jazzybeatchick not only visited my blog but nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award!
It was a pleasure to visit her site which, as her blog name gives just a little hint to is ‘all about Jazz, Life and Love from the Pacific Northwest’.
My joy was doubled when my lovely friend Pat (with whom I enjoyed a wonderful ‘walk’ last week in the feshly fallen snow at her home in the beautiful Colorado Rockies) from Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom also gave me the same award!
Thanks so much Jazzybeatchick and Pat, I am very honoured that you would think of me for this award. I didn’t have a sister growing up so this award means even more to me knowing that you think of me as one and in turn, it gives me the opportunity to recognise and honour some wonderful women from my newly-found sisterhood who I’ve come to know and admire greatly.
So let’s go! Here are the rules:
~ ~The Rules ~ ~
- Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
~~Ten questions to be answered~~
- Your favourite colour …. Sage Green
- Your favourite animal … Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright…
- Your favourite non-alcoholic drink …. Tea of course (I’m a Brit!)
- Facebook or Twitter ….. Facebook. No Twitter – yet…
- Your favourite pattern ….. ?? Not sure I get this question, but I love quilts!
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving, definitely
- Your favourite number … 7
- Your favourite day of the week … Any day that I accomplish all I set out to do, which is rarely
- Your favourite flower …. Freesias and Roses
- What is your passion? ….. Writing, naturally!
Now onto the nominations but first, a spiel –
There are so many of you lovely ‘sisters’ of mine who I would love to nominate. All of you dear friends who visit me so regularly, without fail actually and take the time to share with me your personal stories, offer me your insight, ideas and advice, pray for and with me, make me cry (in a good way), make me laugh with your wonderful sense of humour, put up with my rants now and then, encourage me when I’ve feeling useless and keep me on track with my writing…you know who you are!!!
Thank you for taking me under your wing. Thank you for the very great blessing you are to me each and every day. You are as sisters to me and it’s wonderful having you by my side.
Oh…and for those of you who no longer accept awards, consider yourself awarded anyway, ‘cos I love ya. So there 🙂 x
For the purposes of this award then, I have decided to nominate the following amazingly, talented and beautiful ladies, some of whom I have met only fairly recently, others I’ve known longer and although we may not ‘see’ each other as often as we’d like, we both know that we are ‘there’ as and when, which is very comforting. One of you has been with me from the very start. All their stories are truly inspirational, they have blessed and encouraged me greatly. Please take the time to visit them.
So, at long last, my nominations for this wonderful Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award, and in no particular order (goodness, I sound like Tess Daly on Strictly… ) are :
1. Jennifer K Marsh – Writer
2. Jo Robinson – Writer
3. Quirkybooks -‘Read the difference‘
4. God, Autism & Me – ‘Faith, hope, courage‘
5. Moggiepurrs – ‘This site is all about CATS!‘
6. Reflections and Nightmares – ‘Irene A Waters (Writer and Memoirist)‘
7. Speculations Impressed – ‘My Perils With Writing‘
8. Willow-Marie .real. – ‘Coming of Age – Keeping our Soul’
9. Lost in the Labyrinth – ‘Welcome To My Journal of Thoughts…’
10. Chopping Potatoes – ‘And other metaphors for motherhood’
11. Lessons in French – ‘Life is a journey…’
12. Rising Woman – ‘Obsessive Writer, Non-Practicing Alcoholic…’
In addition to the wonderful Sisterhood award, Lilka of B is for Blessed so very kindly nominated me for The Imagine Award. I have not seen this award before and I discovered that:
‘The Imagine Award is an award created by Jenn Mulherin (who is the writer of the blog “My Fibrotastic Life!”) in October of 2013.
This award was made in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity.’
Therefore, I am all the more thrilled that Lilka chose to nominate me for this award knowing and understanding the beautiful sentiment behind it. Thank you so much my dear friend!
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Copy and paste The Imagine Award into your post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post.
- List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative).
- Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination.
- Notify your nominees.
- Display The Imagine Award to your blog’s award page.
Lilka and I have only been following one another’s blogs for a short while but right from the start we formed a strong connection. These are just five of the things I love about her and her blog –
- Lilka is a published author – how’s that for creative!
- Lilka is a lady who know what it is like to face adversity in her life but meets it head on with courage, strength and true faith
- As a mother of two teenage boys, one with an ASD diagnosis, she has chosen to inspire others by advocating for Autism particularly in her posts on her other blog God, Autism and Me;
- Her posts and comments here never failt to uplift and bless me
- In giving me this award she said that we were ‘kindred spirits’ 🙂
Here then are my five nominations for the blogs that, in my mind, make fantastic use of their imagination, creativity and passion –
1. Moodsaplenty – Incredible artwork
2. Lisa Walker England – Passion for all things steampunk!
3. Simplyilka – Science with a smile
4. Catherine Johnson – Wonderful artwork and poems
5. Where Words Daily Come Alive – Beautiful, heartfelt, faith-filled poetry
Many, many congratulations to you all as I head your way to let you all know the exiciting news of your award nominations.
Third and final award post to follow…phew 😉