April Follower of the Month: Sherri Matthews

Genie, over at Espirational, recently and so very kindly invited me as a guest blogger. Very excited and honoured to do so. Thanks so much Bob and Genie!

Espirational

Our follower of the month for April is Sherri Matthews who blogs at A View from my Summerhouse.  Her blog is fun, informative and she takes great pictures.  I’m sure you will want to stop by and say hello.

Three years ago I lost my job at the same time that my now 21 year-old daughter was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome.  Unable to find another job offering the part-time hours that I could cope with and my daughter, who was suffering from crippling social anxiety (a common problem for ‘Aspies’), needing my help, I became not only Mum but her full-time carer. But deep inside I struggled with the rejection of being laid-off and I began to feel old and useless,  insignificant, washed-up.

As I prayed about it, one day I read this by novelist George Eliot: ‘It’s never too late to become what you might have been.’  I realised that I could use this time…

View original post 140 more words

About Sherri Matthews

While bringing her memoir, 'Stranger In A White Dress', to publication, Sherri's articles, short memoir, personal essays, poetry and flash fiction are published in national magazines, anthologies and online. Sherri blogs about her travels, nature and wildlife, Asperger's Syndrome and her life as a Brit ‘mom’ in America. As a regular contributer and columnist at 'Carrot Ranch', an online literary community, Sherri writes flash fiction and articles about the process of memoir for a 'Raw Lit' series. In another life, Sherri lived in California for twenty years, but today, she lives in England with her family including two black cats and a grumpy bunny. Writing stories from yesterday, making sense of today, giving hope for tomorrow.
This entry was posted in Guest Blogs and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to April Follower of the Month: Sherri Matthews

1. Congrats on being the April Follower of the Month! 🙂

2. Pat says:

Congratulations, Sherri, on April Follower of the Month. It’s good to see your happy face getting out there. 🙂

• Sherri says:

Ahh, you are a star Pat, thanks so much! Genie and her husband Bob run Espirational, a very positive, uplifting and spiritual blog. You will love it 🙂

• Pat says:

You’re welcome, Sherri, and I’m looking forward to getting to know Genie and Bob. I’m always looking for inspiration. 🙂

• Sherri says:

You won’t be disappointed Pat and you will be given a wonderful welcome. Thanks so much too for your lovely comment over there, you warmed my heart so much, what a kind, beautiful message to leave there, bless you my friend 🙂

3. Steven says:

Follower of the Month? Follower of the Year, shirley? Oh wait, your name’s Sherri 😉

Woop!

4. Sherri says:

HaHa!! Very clever…but I’ve been called worse…! It was lovely to be invited to write a little blog for Espirational. Woop indeed, thanks JG 🙂

5. Congrats on the well-deserved recognition, Sherri. 🙂

6. Yea, Sherri! You ARE an inspiration.

Lovely to chat...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s