What a lovely surprise, such excitement putting a huge smile on my face today! Why? Because the lovely Rachael Featherstone , a full-time writer and blogger, has nominated me for The Leibster Award!
Thank you very much Rachael, and yes please, I would like very much to accept!
Rachael gave up a career in banking over 6 months ago and like me, started her blog in January. She is following her dream. Her blog has some wonderful advice for writers, do check it out. I’m so glad I did!
I have seen The Leibster Award on other blogs but wasn’t too sure what it was for, until now. It originated in Germany and was set up as a way to discover new blogs. What a lovely thing!
The rules are simple:
- The important bit is to post the award on your blog – after all, you earned it!
- Next, the other really important bit is to thank the blogger presenting you with this award and provide a link back to their blog – duly done, as above!
- You then need to write 11 random facts about yourself – could be dangerous, this bit!
- One good turn deserves another, meaning, you then need to find 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think are deserving of the award so that you can then nominate them! In other words, keep the love going 🙂
- Finally, the award presenter will ask 11 questions of you which you need to answer and then you, in turn, ask your nominees 11 questions, and so it goes.
So, let’s get this party started. Here are 11 random facts about me:
- The day I had each of my three children were the happiest days of my life.
- When I was a teenager I had a huge poster of Steve McQueen on my bedroom wall.
- My favourite chocolates are After Eights.
- When I was 10 years old I shook hands with Sean Connery.
- I’m left-handed in everything except ironing and peeling potatoes.
- I’m petrified of wasps.
- I detest rhubarb.
- I taught myself to play Moonlight Sonata on the piano but now I’ve forgotten how to.
- I wish I had been a dancer.
- A photograph of me when I was 16 is on the front of an album cover – very random!
- According to my family I am now obsessed with my blog.
Right, that’s all done, so now I will answer Rachael’s 11 questions for me:
1.How long have you been blogging? Two and a half months and counting.
2. Why do you blog? Blogging has given me a sense of community I didn’t know existed outside my little summerhouse! ‘This Writer’s World’ can be quite an isolating place. The comments, likes, support and encouragement I ‘ve received so far have blessed me more than I can say, especially since I had absolutely no idea what I was going to blog about at first, and actually, even now, it can be fairly random! It’s just so great being able to share it with others and hopefully bring some interest, enjoyment and the odd smile along the way!
3.What accomplishment are you most proud of to date? Raising my children. Other than that, having my first article published in a national women’s magazine this month!
4.What is your biggest fear? Losing all hope.
5.Who is your favourite author? Ann Rule – I love true crime and she is queen of this genre.
6.What is your favourite food? Homecooked Sunday roast.
7.Where do you most want to go on holidaytravel? A road trip in an RV across America.
8.What is your favourite sport? Watching Wimbledon every year.
9.What is your worst habit? Worrying too much.
10.Are you planning to do the A-Z Blog Challenge and why? I didn’t know what it was until I googled it. I would love to try to do it but I will be away during April so sadly I won’t be able to rise to the challenge – maybe next time!
11.What do you most want to accomplish over the next five years? Travelling the length and breadth of this beautiful British Isles with my lovely husband in our yet-to-be-acquired motor home and to have my first book published.
That’s enough of me, now it’s time for the drum roll…!
My nominations are:
2. Sheila Marie
6. Mother Koala
10. Nadia Ink
And these are your 11 questions:
- How long did you think about starting a blog before you actually did it?
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would do?
- Who do you most admire?
- If you could have any car what would it be?
- What is your favourite flower?
- What is your favourite all-time movie?
- What was your worst subject in school?
- Of all the books you’ve read, which has had the most impact?
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
- What is your favourite desert?
- If a movie was made about your life which actor would play you?
Congratulations to you all! I hope that you will accept my nomination and I look forward to hearing from you soon 🙂
Love Sherri x